FootGolf at Sagamore
Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club is excited to offer the fast-growing sport of Foot Golf again this summer season! Now in year two at SHGC, FootGolf offers a unique spin on the traditional game of Golf (as we all know it), combining Golf's basics with the world's most popular sporting activity... Soccer! There are now over 100 accredited U.S. Golf Courses that offer Foot Golf, and Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club is one of only two courses in all of New England to showcase this fun new sport! Foot Golf is fast becoming a game that's both easy to learn and incredibly fun to play, and we think it will continue to gain popularity world-wide! Below is overview of FootGolf at Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club, and we encourage you to contact us any time with Foot Golf inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org... We hope to see you 'kicking it' on our fairways this summer season!
Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club is proud to be an official member of the American Foot Golf League! Click here to learn more about the AFGL
Days & Times Offered
Early Spring Notice!!! Because of the compromised ground conditions this spring, we will not be opening our FootGolf holes until early May 2015... Please call ahead to confirm whether or not we have opened for FootGolf at 603-964-5341
Because traditional Golf is a priority at SHGC, we offer Foot Golf play only during days/times when traditional Golf volume is typically at its lightest... Below are the Days/Times we offer Foot Golf play:
- Monday thru Thursday (excluding holidays): Between 11 am - 2 pm AND after 6 pm
- Fridays, Weekends & Holidays: After 6 pm only
- Due to the 'newness' of the sport, Foot Golf days & times may be subject to change... Please call ahead to confirm whenever possible 603-964-5341
Foot Golf Rates
- Adult (18-holes): $19 per player ($30 per player if riding)
- Junior (18-holes): Juniors pay their age (normal golf car fees apply)
- Ball Rentals: $5 per player (players are welcome to bring their own soccer balls if they choose!)
- Foot Golf rates are subject to change
Important Notes All FootGolfers Must Know!
- FootGolfers must understand that the game of Golf is Sagamore's #1 priority, and while we want everyone to enjoy their time at Sagamore, Foot Golfers are expected to respect our Golfers and do their part to make sure their Foot Golf play does not disrupt play of traditional Golfers:
- Respect Golfers! Running and/or yelling is highly discouraged on the golf course... Always be aware of our Golfers to make sure your Foot Golf play does not disrupt the rounds being played by our traditional Golfers
- Keep a Close Eye on the Kids! We ask parents/adults to please do their part to make sure children do not put themselves in harm's way... Always know where your children are and please make sure they are respectful of Golfers and the golf course itself
- Target 90 to 120 Minutes, Tops! Your FootGolf round should be played in no more than two hours, and we expect all Foot Golfers to maintain an appropriate pace of play... Make sure you never pressure the group ahead of yours, and also make sure you never hold-up the groups behind either!
- Give Way to Faster Players! Should any group behind your group be playing at a faster pace than your group, always step aside on the first available tee and allow them time to play through (everyone will be happier because of this!)
- Play Smart & Be Safe! Always make sure the group ahead is safely out of range before kicking a shot... Play smart & be safe!
- Take Care of the Course! Never travel across our Golf putting greens & tees... These are carefully maintained areas intended strictly for our Golfers... Also, if you kick a shot from a sand-bunker, carefully rake-out your footprints before moving on
- Golf Car Notes! If using a Golf Car during your FootGolf round, we ask that you please A) do not drive the golf car near tees, greens, sand bunkers, through brooks or within our pristine native grass areas, B) always apply the emergency brake on all hills and inclines, and C) please know that children under the age of 18 are not permitted to operate golf cars at Sagamore
Reserving FootGolf Tee-Times
- Foot Golfers may reserve their tee-times (or kick times!) up to 48 hours in advance by by calling us at 603-964-5341
- Groups are strictly limited to four (4) players per tee time
- Groups larger than eight players (two tee-time slots) must be reserved as an 'outing group'... Please contact Kate Blais at email@example.com if you have a group of eight or more players interested in playing Foot Golf!
FootGolf Course and Layout
- 18-holes of Foot Golf are expected to be played in 2 hours or less, roughly the same amount of time it takes traditional golfers to play 9-holes
- All FootGolf play takes place on the golf course's front-9 (golf holes #1 thru #9)
- FootGolf tees & holes will typically be located just to the side of each regulation golf hole (generally within a few yards of the fairway or teeing area)
- Each Foot Golf hole is 21 inches in diameter, and will be designated by the official orange Foot Golf flag
- Foot Golf tee markers will also be colored orange for easy recognition
What Do Foot Golfers Wear?
- Soccer attire is always acceptable, and FootGolfers should dress comfortably and tastefully... We do ask that you please not wear tank tops, sleeveless shirts or cut-off shorts... thank you!
- Collared shirts are encouraged, but not mandatory (t-shirts are allowed)
- FootGolfers are also encouraged to sport their favorite Soccer team jersey if they choose, along with knee-high argyle socks (which are known to be 'customary' FootGolf attire!)... Have fun with it!
- Important! Athletic CLEATS are strictly prohibited... FootGolfers may wear either indoor soccer shoes or regular sneakers
- We do our best to offer quick yet helpful 'Foot Golf Orientations' for those playing for the very first time. These orientations will take place just before your Foot Golf round on the 1st tee, and will be administered by Sagamore's Foot Golf Ambassadors (so please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early)... Our goal is make sure all groups are comfortable and well informed before they kick-off'!
Questions? Email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our clubhouse at 603-964-5341