Meet our Teaching Professional
Laura Shanahan Rowe
LPGA Class A Teaching Professional & Legends Tour Player
LPGA Professional Class A Instructor
Legends Tour Member - LPGA Senior Tour
Inducted into the New Hampshire Golf Hall of Fame 2019
Co-Site Director/ Instructor for the LPGA/USGA Girls Golf Program
Laura's Teaching Philosophy
My goal is to be effective teacher for all levels of golfers. I am motivated to create a learning environment that makes the lessons fun and simple for an enjoyable experience that produces success. My role is to develop an improvement strategy that is designed for each golfer along with an innovative practice plan for making those improvements to enable the player to reach their goals.
I am always excited & enthusiastic about the opportunity to assist students in all aspects of their game from stepping through the process of creating a better swing, improving their shorts game skills, understanding the psychological factors that are part of the game of golf and help them understand the role equipment can play in an improvement strategy. I believe, as an LPGA trained Instuctor and my own distinct playing experience on the Professional and Amateur level, I provide that for my students. Start your adventure with golf today!
Professional Golf Accomplishments
- WINNER of the LPGA T&CP 2008 National Championship at Pinehurst No. 8, North Carolina
- USGA Senior Women's Open participant in 2018 Inaugural event and 2019 2nd event with a Top-20 finish
- The Legends Tour - The LPGA's Senior Women's Tour with 7 Top-10 finishes including...
- 2010 – 3rd place finish in The Legends Tour Open Championship – Innisbrook CC, FLorida
- 2005 - 2nd Place finish in The Legends Tour Event - Hy-Vee Classic, Iowa
- WINNER 2014 and 2006 of the New England Women’s Open - Rhode Island
- 2008 - Selected for the LPGA T&CP Ketel One Cup East Team – Mesquite, Neveda
- 2nd Place finish in Albuquerque Open, New Mexico in 2006
- 2nd Place finish in the Massachusetts Women’s Open in 2004
Amateur Golf Accomplishments
- WINNER of the 2001 - USGA Women’s Mid-Amateur Champion – First in NH to win USGA event
- WINNER New England Women’s Amateur Champion (-7) 2002
- WINNER 2-Time New Hampshire State Amateur Champion (1999 & 2002 / Record setting score -10)
- 2001 Women’s Amateur PLAYER OF THE YEAR from the New England Journal of Golf
- World Amateur Ranking of 30th by Golf Week/Titleist in January 2003
- Winner of the New England Long Drive Championship (3 times, longest 320 yards in 1996)
From Louise Billy / 3-Time NH State AM Champion
"Hi Laura, Just wanted to thank you for the help with my game on Friday, it really helped a lot. I've been in contact with the New Hampshire Women's Golf Association and suggested they do a blog of some kind where someone like me could sing your praises and share my good experience with my lesson with you... I don't understand why more people don't take lessons. Thanks, Louise"
L. Deluc / Student & NHWGA Member
"Hi Laura, Thank you so much for another great lesson. I am sure you could tell how excited I was to work with you again! Everything we talked about and worked on was very helpful and I started to hit the ball better already this weekend. I am going to keep working on the things you have taught me and I will come back to see you in a few weeks.... Thanks again for all your help!"