Our Golf Season
SHGC's Golf Season typically begins early April (weather permitting) --- We do our best to keep the course open as long as the weather and turf conditions allow for it. We urge golfers to check our homepage or call ahead during the early spring & winter months to confirm our open status.
Christmas Day: All three Sagamore locations are closed on Christmas Day so that our team can enjoy the holiday with family and friends
Our Rate Seasons
Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club offers Off Season, Peak Season & Winter Season rate periods each year --- Please see details below:
- Off Season: April & October 15th thru November 14th
- Peak Season: May thru October 14th
- Winter Season: November 15th thru March
Opening & Closing Times
Our AM Opening Times:
- April 1st - April 14th: 8 am every day
- April 15th - April 30th: 7 am weekdays & 6 am weekends/holidays
- May 1st - May 14th: 6 am weekdays & 5:30 am weekends/holidays
- May 15th - July 31st: 6 am weekdays & 5 am weekends/holidays
- August 1st - August 14th: 6 am weekdays & 5:30 am weekends/holidays
- August 15th - Labor Day: 6 am every day
- Day after Labor Day - September 30th: 6:30 am every day
- October 1st - October 14th: 7 am weekdays & 6:30 am weekends/holidays
- October 15th - October 31st: 8 am weekdays & 7 am weekends/holidays
- November 1st - End of season: 8 am every day
- Important Note! If any transition date falls on a Saturday, the time-change will be delayed until the Monday following that weekend
Our PM Closing Times
- The course closes promptly 15 minutes after sunset each day --- For the sake of safety, we strictly forbid players golfing beyond this point!
- Golf cars will not be issued within 2-hours of sunset
- Golf cars must be returned to the Clubhouse 15 minutes after sunset
- We accept tee-times up to 7-days in advance
- Tee-times can be booked online 24/7 (via our website & mobile App), over the phone, or in person at the course
- Groups of 9 or more players can be booked further in advance but require a pre-paid deposit (call us at 603-964-5341 to reserve)
- Singles & 2-somes will be paired-up accordingly on busier days
- We strongly encourage golfers to reserve tee-times
- We'll always do our best to accommodate 'walk-ins', but please note that we cannot guarantee tee-times for 'walk-ins' on busier days
- No more than four players allowed per tee-time group
Our nationally acclaimed Sagamore Golf Center is located just one mile from the golf course, making it easy to visit before or after your round of golf --- Below is a summary of what our Sagamore Golf Center offers:
- Our Sagamore Golf Center is open 364 days a year!
- One of New Hampshire's largest grass tees (over 50,000 square feet!)
- 16 covered & heated all-season driving range stations
- The Seacoast's premier Family Mini Golf destination
- Short-game areas for chipping and putting
- Professional Golf Instruction and Clinics
- Proud home of The First Tee of New Hampshire
- We're located at 22 North Road, North Hampton, New Hampshire, 03862 / 603-964-8393
Practice Putting Green
Our practice putting and chipping green is located adjacent to our 10th tee and it's available for any golfer to utilize before or after their round of golf
GHIN Handicap Service
Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club is an official GHIN Member Club, offering full golf handicapping services for any golfer looking to register their handicap for tournament competition or to simply keep track of their progress as a golfer.
- The USGA has partnered with the world's other handicapping organizations to create one uniform service, the World Handicapping Service
- Annual GHIN registration fee applies - Click here to register today via our online store
- GHIN Indexes are now updated daily
- GHIN Members can easily post scores in-person, online or by using the offical GHIN scoreposting app
- Sagamore's active GHIN Members may participate in any of our exclusive club tournaments
- SHGC offers a full fleet of 72 gas-powered golf cars, each nicely equipped with canopy top, windshield & USB outlets
- Golfers must be at least 18 years of age (with valid driver's license) to rent/operate golf cars
- For your safety, golf cars will not be issued past 2-hours before sunset
- The golf car renter accepts full responsibility for any injuries or damage caused by their golf car while it's in their possession... Please drive carefully, responsibly and respectfully!
- Golf Car Disclosure: By paying Sagamore's golf car rental fee, you are acknowledging that you (the golf car renter) accept full responsibility for any personal injury or property damage caused by you and/or your negligence while operating any golf car on Sagamore property. You are expected to operate the golf car responsibly and with care at all times, and to use extreme caution while traveling the golf course. You are fully responsible for the golf car while it is in your possession during your round of golf.
Important Golf Car Rules & Notes
- Golf Car Rules at SHGC: At all times, SHGC restricts golf car traffic to CART PATHS ONLY on all of our par-3 holes and on holes #5 and #12
- Golfers with Limited Mobility or Handicaps: We understand that there are many golfers out there who have limited mobility or handicaps that make walking difficult. That said, we want those folks to know that course conditions at SHGC can become very sensitive after periods of heavy, prolonged rainfall, to the point where we may need to implement strict CART PATH ONLY rules. If you experience limited mobility on foot, we urge you to call ahead before your visit to make sure there are no golf car restrictions in place (call 603-964-5341, option 1)
- Handicap Flags (available for golfers with limited mobility): We're happy to provide a blue Handicap Flag upon request (to mount to the player's golf car), which will help us identify those golfers with limited mobility or handicaps AND allow them to travel up to 20 feet from our tees and greens**
- **Important Note! On days when we have implemented the CART PATH ONLY rule throughout the course (following periods of heavy, prolonged rainfall), Handicap Flags will not be available for golfers. When the CART PATH ONLY rule is in effect, all golf cars are forbidden from leaving our cart paths to help prevent costly damage to the course. Always call ahead to make sure there are no golf car restrictions if mobility on foot is a concern!
Push Cart Rentals
We also offer plenty of Push Cart rentals for golfers who prefer to walk but don't want to shoulder their clubs
Golf Club Rentals
We're proud to offer TaylorMade club rental sets, which are available any time for vacationers or golfers who are new to the game --- Please note that we do have a limited number of rental sets, so we encourage folks to call-ahead if they can to let us know that they'll be needing a set (Also note that a valid Drivers License or credit card is required to rent clubs)
Important Club Rental Notes: It's important to us that we offer high-quality club rental sets for our customers, and we ask that folks please take care of our clubs during their round. If any set is returned with missing or damaged clubs, the renter will be responsible for a replacement fee of $50 per club --- So please treat our club rental sets as if they were your own!
Snack Bar & Bar
While we don't offer formal restaurant dining at SHGC, our Snack Bar offers plenty to tame your appetite & quench your thirst during your day of golf! We serve popular menu choices that are quick & easy, like breakfast sandwiches, our famous steamed hot dogs and made-fresh sandwiches & wraps, which are all perfect for golfers grab at the turn. We also offer a variety of ice-cold beer, wine & refreshments for golfers to enjoy either inside the bar area or in our outdoor seating area.
On-Course Beverage Cart
We do our best to have our Beverage Cart operating daily during the busiest times of the golf season (see days & times below). Our Beverage Cart serves ice-cold beer & refreshments, as well as light snacks for golfers to enjoy on the course! Our Beverage Cart accepts cash or credit card, making things easy for our customers!
Days & Times of Operation:
- Memorial Day thru Labor Day: Beverage Cart runs daily unless the weather is questionable
- Before Memorial Day & After Labor Day: Beverage Cart typcially runs on weekends/holidays only
- Note: Again, we try to have our Beverage Cart running when the weather & the volume of play justifies it
ProShop & Golf Merchandise
We offer a nice selection of golf apparel, balls, bags, gloves and various golf accessories in our pro shop. We're also more than happy to place special golf club orders for customers upon request, so please feel free to inquire any time!
Frost Delays should be anticipated in the early spring and late fall months, so we ask our golfers to be prepared on colder mornings. Frost delays can range from 15 minutes up to two hours, depending upon our opening time and the weather, but it's important to note that we'll never suspend play beyond 9 AM!
Questions for us? Call our Clubhouse at 603-964-5341