Information for Our Golfers
Important Payment Note!
Please note that Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club accepts credit card payments only --- Be sure to plan ahead!
On-Course Drinking Water Notice!
Due to the risk of potential health/hygienic concerns, Sagamore no longer offers communal water cooler stations on the golf course. We encourage golfers to either bring their own water or grab some beverages from the snack bar before they tee off, especially on hot and humid summer days. If you forget to bring your own water, please know that you will have the following options available to help keep hydrated:
- Our Snack Bar offers a wide variety of beverage options
- We offer a nice, cold (and free!) water via our water fountain in our clubhouse, which golfers can use any time to fill water bottles
- Our on-course Beverage Cart runs daily during the summer months and on weekends during May, September and October
- On days that are forecasted to have temps of 90+ we do our best to make complimentary bottled water available on the 1st tee
Our Golf Season
SHGC's Golf Season typically begins in late March or early April (weather permitting) --- We work hard to keep the course open as long as the weather and turf conditions allow for it. We urge golfers to check our homepage or call ahead (603-964-5341) during the early spring/winter months to confirm our open status.
Closed Christmas Day: All three Sagamore locations are closed on Christmas Day so that our team members can enjoy the holiday with family and friends
Our Rate Seasons
Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club offers three rate periods --- Off Season, Peak Season & Winter Season, all of which are outlined below:
- OFF-SEASON: April 1st - May 13th & October 3rd thru November 13th
- PEAK SEASON: May 14th thru October 2nd
- WINTER SEASON (weather dependent): November 14th thru March 31st
Course Opening Times
- April 1st - April 15th: 8 AM daily
- April 16th - May 1st: Weekdays 7 AM / Weekends & Holidays 6 AM
- May 2nd - May 15th: Weekdays 6 AM / Weekends & Holidays 5:30 AM
- May 16th - July 17th: Weekdays 6 AM / Weekends & Holidays 5 AM
- July 18th - August 14th: Weekdays 6 AM / Weekends & Holidays 5:30 AM
- August 15th – Sept 5th: Weekdays 6 AM / Weekends & Holidays 6 AM
- Sept 6th - Sept 30th: Weekdays 6:30 AM / Weekends & Holidays 6:30 AM
- October 1st - October 16th: Weekdays 7 AM / Weekends & Holidays 6:30 AM
- October 17th - October 30th: Weekdays 8 AM / Weekends & Holidays 7 AM
- October 31st - March 30th: 8 AM daily
Course Closing Times
- The course closes promptly 15 minutes after sunset each day --- For your safety, all golfers must be off the course before dark
- Golf cars will not be issued within 2-hours of sunset
- Golf cars must be returned to the Clubhouse 15 minutes after sunset
- Due to the high demand, all golfers/groups are required to have a tee-time (walk-ins will be accommodated only if we have available tee-time space for them)
- We accept tee-times up to 7-days in advance
- Tee-times can be booked online 24/7 (via our website & mobile App), over the phone, or in person at the course
- NO-SHOW POLICY! A valid credit card is required for all tee-times (a credit card is required only to cover potential 'No-Show Fees' should they apply to your reservation; greenfees are NOT charged to the credit card in advance; all greenfee payments will be due at the course upon check-in)
- No-Show Fees: If any group arrives to play with fewer players than they had reserved, they will be charged the following 'No-Show Fees': Weekdays - $8 per absent player / Weekends & Hdys - $13 per absent player
- To avoid No-Show Fees be sure to call in any changes or cancellations no later than 24-hours before your tee time OR login to your Sagamore tee time account and adjust your reservation no later than 24-hours before your tee time
- Groups of 9 or more players are restricted to Mon - Thurs (no holidays) and can be booked further in advance but require a pre-paid deposit (call us at 603-964-5341 to reserve)
- Singles & 2-somes will be paired-up accordingly on busier days
- We'll always do our best to accommodate 'walk-ins', but please note that we cannot guarantee tee-times for 'walk-ins' on busier days
- No more than four players allowed per tee-time group
Our nationally acclaimed Sagamore Golf Center is located just one mile from the golf course, making it easy to visit before or after your round of golf --- Below is a summary of what our Sagamore Golf Center has to offer:
- Our Sagamore Golf Center is open 364 days a year (closed Xmas Day)
- Features one of New Hampshire's largest grass tees (over 50,000 square feet!)
- 16 covered & heated year-round driving range stations
- Power Tee stations installed on 8 of our 16 covered/heated range stations
- Super-fun Family Mini Golf
- Short-game areas for chipping and putting
- Professional Golf Instruction
- Sagamore is proud to be the home of The First Tee of New Hampshire
- We're located at 22 North Road, North Hampton, New Hampshire, 03862 / 603-964-8393
Practice Putting Green
Our practice putting and chipping green is located adjacent to our 10th tee and it's available for any golfer to utilize before or after their round of golf
GHIN Handicap Service
Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club is an official GHIN Member Club, offering full golf handicapping services for any golfer looking to register their handicap for tournament competition or to simply keep track of their progress as a golfer.
- The USGA has partnered with the world's other handicapping organizations to create one uniform service, the World Handicapping Service
- Annual GHIN registration fee applies - Click here to register today via our online store
- GHIN Indexes are now updated daily
- GHIN Members can easily post scores in-person, online or by using the official GHIN score-posting app
- Sagamore's active GHIN Members may participate in any of our exclusive club tournaments
- SHGC offers a full fleet of 72 gas-powered golf cars, each nicely equipped with canopy top, windshield & USB outlets
- Golfers must be at least 18 years of age (with valid driver's license) to rent/operate golf cars
- For your safety, golf cars will not be issued past 2-hours before sunset
- The golf car renter accepts full responsibility for any injuries or damage caused by their golf car while it's in their possession... Please drive carefully, responsibly and respectfully!
- Golf Car Disclosure (signed by all riders): By paying Sagamore's golf car rental fee, you are acknowledging that you (the golf car renter) accept full responsibility for any personal injury or property damage caused by you and/or your negligence while operating any golf car on Sagamore property. You are expected to operate the golf car responsibly and with care at all times, and to use extreme caution while traveling the golf course. You are fully responsible for the golf car while it is in your possession during your round of golf.
Our Golf Car Rules System
If weather or conditions are ever questionable (especially during the early & late seasons) we urge folks to always call ahead to confirm our golf car status 603-964-5341
GREEN = No Restrictions*
*Golf cars may travel freely throughout course (except areas where cars are restricted)
*Golf Cars restricted to PATHS ONLY on all par-3’s and holes #5 and #12 (these holes are roped/staked)
*Handicap Flags will be available
YELLOW = 90-Degree Rule
*Golf cars restricted to paths only (‘scatter’ on holes where paths are not available)
*Cars may exit the path/rough at a 90-degree angle only to get to their ball
*Must return to the path/rough immediately the same way
*Golf Cars restricted to PATHS ONLY on all par-3’s and holes #5 and #12 (these holes will be roped/staked)
*Handicap Flags will be available
RED = Paths Only
*Golf cars restricted to PATHS ONLY (‘scatter’ on holes where paths are not available)
*Handicap Flags will NOT be available
W = Walking Only
*Golf course conditions deemed unsuitable for golf car traffic
*Handicap Flags will NOT be available (golf cars not allowed on course)
Some Other Important Golf Car Notes!
- If weather or conditions are ever questionable (especially during the early & late seasons) we urge folks to call ahead to confirm our golf car status (603-964-5341, option 1)
- At all times golf cars are restricted to paths only on all par-3 holes and on holes #5 & #12
- Handicap Flags (available for golfers with genuine handicaps that severely limit their walking mobility): We're happy to provide a Handicap Flag upon request to A) help our team identify golfers with limited mobility or handicaps, and B) to allow those golfers to travel up to 20 feet from our tees and greens**
- **When are Handicap Flags available?
- Important! On all par-3's and on holes #5 and #12 golf cars are permanently restricted to paths only (this applies to all golfers, even those with Handicap Flags)
- Handicap Flags are available only on GREEN and YELLOW days only (see golf car rules above)
Push Cart Rentals
We have plenty of Push Cart rentals available for golfers who prefer to walk but don't want to shoulder their clubs
Golf Club Rentals
We offer a limited number of Taylor Made club rental sets, which are available on a first-come-first-serve basis; also note that a valid Drivers License or credit card is required to rent clubs
Important Club Rental Notes: It's important to us that we offer quality club rental sets for our customers, and we ask that folks please take care of our clubs during their round. If any set is returned with missing or damaged clubs, the renter will be responsible for a replacement fee of $50 per club --- So please treat our club rental sets as if they were your own!
Snack Bar & Bar
While we don't offer formal restaurant dining at SHGC, our Snack Bar offers plenty to tame your appetite & quench your thirst during your day of golf! We serve popular menu choices that are quick & easy, like breakfast sandwiches, our famous steamed hot dogs, and made-fresh sandwiches which are all perfect for golfers grab at the turn. We offer a variety of beer, wine and a limited selection of popular cocktails as well for golfers to enjoy either inside or outdoors!
On-Course Beverage Cart
We do our best to have our Beverage Cart operating daily during the busiest times of the golf season (see days & times below). Our Beverage Cart serves ice-cold beer & refreshments, as well as light snacks for golfers to enjoy on the course! Our Beverage Cart only accepts credit cards
- Days & Times of Operation (weather permitting):
- Before Memorial Day & After Labor Day: Beverage Cart typically runs on weekends/holidays only (10 am - 4 pm)
- Memorial Day thru Labor Day: Beverage Cart runs daily (10 am - 6 pm)
- Note: We try to have our Beverage Cart running when the weather & the volume of play justifies it
Pro Shop & Golf Merchandise
We offer a nice selection of golf apparel, balls, bags, gloves and various golf accessories in our pro shop. We're also more than happy to place special golf club orders for customers upon request, so please feel free to inquire any time!
Frost Delays should be anticipated in the early spring and late fall months, so we ask our golfers to be prepared on colder mornings. Frost delays can range from 15 minutes up to two hours, depending upon our opening time and the weather, but it's important to note that we'll never suspend play beyond 9 AM!
Questions for us? Call our Clubhouse at 603-964-5341